ss_blog_claim=27c167cdb8f8a240a14959527b4317db Trolls, Flame Wars & CyberStalkers: 41 Still No Justice for the Death Of Megan Meier
Cyberbullies
Friday, November 28, 2008
Case# 41 Still No Justice for the Death Of Megan Meier
I feel strongly about the things I believe in. Sometimes I feel so strong and emotional about how I feel it gets me in trouble, as others that believe in differently make a point of telling me that. Trying to forcefully put me down, especially on the Internet, about how wrong my feelings are. That is fine. I am an adult and can take it. I was brought up to stand up for what I believed in and to fight for it.

When I was young, doing that was very hard to do;, basically due to conflicting opinions of my peers, how they felt and how they tried to convince me to feel as they did. Basically, it was peer pressure and much of it was simply trying to fit in with my peers.


Sound familiar? I think the majority of all adults are faced this when they were teenagers or younger. Make sure they wore the right clothes regardless if they liked them or not. Or listened to a certain type of music so that they could talk to the "clique" of those kids they hoped would be friends, even if the music grated on their nerves. To do drugs or not to do drugs. The majority of people addicted to drugs started in teenage years, just so they would or could fit in with the popular crowd. This sadly, is part of growing up, and what kids must face so many times, to feel the need of being accepted.

Growing up, these kids did not discuss these problems or feelings with their parents, as they thought (or their friends told them) their parents would never understand. Therefore, a great deal of the population of teens dealt with crucial emotional problems, even when their parents tried to help or understand.

I remember this as a child growing up, and now that my kids are grown and gone, they many times tell me of the problems they had that I had no idea about. They now realize that I would have tried to help and understand. But when they were teenagers, they felt (or were convinced) that would not be the case.


I know I am being a long winded here, something I am always guilty of, but the reason I am deals with the Megan Meier case, that she committed suicide and the final results of it. This site (see link) has always done an exceptional job of keeping myself and many readers informed on the Megan Meier MySpace case and the court trials concerning this. See: MySpace Suicide "Murderer" Convicted on 3 Counts

Megan Meier, a typical teenager in so many ways, yet with more overwhelming problems facing her as a young teenager of 13. (such as: concern she was overweight and how she wasteased about this; extra emotional problems such as ADHD; lack of self esteem; depression; the list goes on and on.)

Yet, low and behold, her life was suddenly lifted up by a young 16-year old named Josh Evans via MySpace. He took her to a new high concerning her life and how wonderful she was. Only to shatter it (which was the entire intention of the INVENTION of his face, name, photos of him, his 'caring words' which, and as far as I am concerned, was a "conspiracy") by saying to Megan "The world would be a better placewithout you."

Megan was devastated, and hung herself. The world now knows, there was never such a kid as Josh. Josh was a made-up character, and the one who made it up was a 49 year old woman who created a page for him on MySpace; after her own daughter told her of problems she and Megan were having (typical problems of young teen girls). So, instead of working these things out with her daughter as a mother should do, she decided to destroy Megan. Well, she did a good job. Megan is dead.


This decision of the Court to finally convict her with only 3 misdemeanors is outrageous to me. With the Internet being so vast and growing at lightening speed daily, this type of outcome will be sending messages to others that this is O.K. to behave like this. Especially when it comes to our protecting our children.

If we cannot depend on any Laws governing the Internet or Online Communication to protect us form this type of abuse -- such as cyberstalking or trolling -- then what the hell is going to happen if there is no recourse against this type of behavior concerning children.

If there are not laws to govern this, how long will it take to make and pass protective laws up and put them in place? A petition needs to be started on changing or implementing these laws Federally -- addressed to our lawmakers in Washington, D.C. If it was I would be the first to sign it.

What the outcome of this trial said to me, is in a roundabout way: "it is OK to harass others online." In short: what difference does it matter who gets hurt or dies for that matter? It's a free-for-all online.


How many more LORI DREW'S are there on the Internet that come into our and our children's lives via their keyboards and onto the screens of places like MySpace, chat rooms and forums? (One need only to read THIS SITE to find out)

Things have to change and fast concerning the Internet. Laws need to be tougher and strictly regulated. What happened to Megan Meier could happen to others. And as far as I am concerned, Lori Drew knew exactly what she was doing to Megan. She used a gun and pulled the trigger was transformed by the Internet. Not only that, she knew exactly how to aim the gun and had her target in full view. Excellent sharp shooting from 4 doors down I would say.

I wonder how many could be based next on the pitiful outcome of this trial!


Katie

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Investigated by yngathrrt @ 9:13 PM
Link To The Evidence| 0 thought(s)
Agent's Notes for: 41 Still No Justice for the Death Of Megan Meier
|Back To Home|
Add to Technorati Favorites
Template courtesy of:
Daria Black

Powered by :
Powered by Blogger